Quick Pickled Radishes Recipe
We harvested our first radishes from the garden this weekend! (Actually, we'd let them go a little too long and they'd gotten VERY large.) We decided to pickle them and they turned out so good I thought I'd share the recipe with y'all.
- Radishes (we used 3... but ours were abnormally large due to aforementioned neglect in the garden. Use what you have and add other veggies you want to pickle if there's room in the jar -- we added a sliced carrot and it also turned out delicious.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1-2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- Slice the radishes thinly (I use this mandolin on the #4 setting. It's the best!) and put in your jar (or jars) with the garlic clove. This recipe should fill one 1qt jar nicely.
- Combine the water, white wine vinegar, pepper and honey in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it boils.
- Pour the mixture over the radishes in the jar and close with lid. Let the jar cool to room temperature, then enjoy! (Or store in the fridge for up to a couple weeks.)